Rahul Gandhi all set for promotion as Cong rejig likely this week
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi is set to assume a "larger" role in the Congress very soon with the reshuffle of the AICC secretariat on the cards this week.
With the much talked about rejig of the Union Council of Ministers over today, Congress President Sonia Gandhi is expected to focus her attention to the organisational changes to make the party battle ready ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
"Well, I have already mentioned a number of times that I will be happy if he joins the Cabinet, but he has other pre-occupations. He wants to strengthen the party," was the refrain of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today when asked about Gandhi.
An indication to Rahul`s imminent promotion in party hierarchy was available when party general secretary Digvijay Singh told reporters in Bhopal to wait till the reshuffle in the party when he was asked why Gandhi was not taken into the Cabinet or given any new post in the party.
"When there will be reshuffle in Congress, wait till that time," he said.
Another senior AICC functionary speaking in the national capital hinted that the much awaited reshuffle of the organisation is likely to happen "anytime now".
Union Minister Ambika Soni, who resigned from the Cabinet yesterday, is tipped to play a key role in the organisational affairs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler