Rahul Gandhi always welcome to join Govt: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said that AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi is always welcome in the government.
The statement comes after Congress’ Yuvraaj’ Rahul Gandhi last month had announced that he was ready to play a more active role in the party and the government.
Congress leaders have been urging Rahul Gandhi to move to the party`s mainstream amid growing clamour for projecting him as prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, likely in 2014.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had himself urged Rahul, a number of times, to join the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees