Rahul Gandhi always welcome to join Govt: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said that AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi is always welcome in the government.
The statement comes after Congress’ Yuvraaj’ Rahul Gandhi last month had announced that he was ready to play a more active role in the party and the government.
Congress leaders have been urging Rahul Gandhi to move to the party`s mainstream amid growing clamour for projecting him as prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, likely in 2014.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had himself urged Rahul, a number of times, to join the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir