Rahul Gandhi always welcome to join Govt: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday said that AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi is always welcome in the government.
The statement comes after Congress’ Yuvraaj’ Rahul Gandhi last month had announced that he was ready to play a more active role in the party and the government.
Congress leaders have been urging Rahul Gandhi to move to the party`s mainstream amid growing clamour for projecting him as prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha polls, likely in 2014.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had himself urged Rahul, a number of times, to join the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning