Rahul Gandhi asks Gujarat leaders to build pressure on Narendra Modi govt
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Monday asked party leaders from Gujarat to focus on issues to build pressure on the Narendra Modi-led government.
In an interactive session with AICC general secretary in-charge of the state Gurudas Kamath, PCC chief Arjun Modhwadia and CLP leader Shankarsinh Vaghela, Rahul reviewed the organisational work done by the party in last three months.
"You raise issues, which build pressure on the government. Issues like why the Assembly session in Gujarat was called only for one day. Raise issues of public welfare," he is learnt to have told the leaders in the meeting.
Rahul also asked them to propagate the success of public welfare programmes done by the Centre.
He discussed with the leaders the agitational programmes by the party to be launched in the next three months at the district and block level.
Sources said that the strategy is to target the BJP government there on `flaws in policy` more than the personality.
Kamath, who was made the in-charge of the state briefed Rahul about his visits to the state.
When contacted, Modhwadia said the meeting is held every three months to work out plans to strengthen the organisation. Vaghela said that the focus is to strengthen the party.
Rahul also had a meeting with AICC general secretary in-charge of Tamil Nadu Mukul Wasnik, the state PCC chief B S Gnanadesikan and CLP leader K Gopinath during which the leaders talked at length about how to strengthen the party in the state.
Congress was in alliance with DMK, which walked out of UPA in March. Recently, Congress lent support to DMK chief M Karunanidhi`s daughter Kanimozhi in Rajya Sabha polls.
Gnanadesikan said the meeting only discussed organisational matters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days