‘Rahul Gandhi be made party vice president or secy general’
New Delhi: Favouring a greater role for Rahul Gandhi in organisational affairs, Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Saifuddin Soz on Friday said the young leader be made party vice president or secretary general in charge of the organisation to rejuvenate the party.
"I consider it to be high time for the Congress President to respond to the situation of hope and assign a role to Rahul Gandhi for his decisive moves to further rejuvenate the party as an instrument of effective service to the nation," he said in a statement.
Soz said he has no hesitation in demanding appointment of Rahul as vice president of the party or Secretary General in charge of the party organisation.
He said those who know Rahul closely will agree that his method of political governance is direct, transparent and thoroughly political and that he does not accept factionalism.
"It is, therefore, expected that while the Congress party`s overall interests would be promoted by Rahul Gandhi assuming a higher responsibility, for the Congress President it will be a situation of relief as unadulterated and direct feedback on party affairs will be available to her," the former union minister said.
He said the move will also make the Congress Working Committee "more agile and vibrant."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what