‘Rahul Gandhi be made party vice president or secy general’
New Delhi: Favouring a greater role for Rahul Gandhi in organisational affairs, Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Saifuddin Soz on Friday said the young leader be made party vice president or secretary general in charge of the organisation to rejuvenate the party.
"I consider it to be high time for the Congress President to respond to the situation of hope and assign a role to Rahul Gandhi for his decisive moves to further rejuvenate the party as an instrument of effective service to the nation," he said in a statement.
Soz said he has no hesitation in demanding appointment of Rahul as vice president of the party or Secretary General in charge of the party organisation.
He said those who know Rahul closely will agree that his method of political governance is direct, transparent and thoroughly political and that he does not accept factionalism.
"It is, therefore, expected that while the Congress party`s overall interests would be promoted by Rahul Gandhi assuming a higher responsibility, for the Congress President it will be a situation of relief as unadulterated and direct feedback on party affairs will be available to her," the former union minister said.
He said the move will also make the Congress Working Committee "more agile and vibrant."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why