‘Rahul Gandhi be made party vice president or secy general’
New Delhi: Favouring a greater role for Rahul Gandhi in organisational affairs, Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Saifuddin Soz on Friday said the young leader be made party vice president or secretary general in charge of the organisation to rejuvenate the party.
"I consider it to be high time for the Congress President to respond to the situation of hope and assign a role to Rahul Gandhi for his decisive moves to further rejuvenate the party as an instrument of effective service to the nation," he said in a statement.
Soz said he has no hesitation in demanding appointment of Rahul as vice president of the party or Secretary General in charge of the party organisation.
He said those who know Rahul closely will agree that his method of political governance is direct, transparent and thoroughly political and that he does not accept factionalism.
"It is, therefore, expected that while the Congress party`s overall interests would be promoted by Rahul Gandhi assuming a higher responsibility, for the Congress President it will be a situation of relief as unadulterated and direct feedback on party affairs will be available to her," the former union minister said.
He said the move will also make the Congress Working Committee "more agile and vibrant."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway