Rahul Gandhi can be PM when he wishes: Ashok Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said not only the country and the Congress but the Opposition has also accepted that Rahul Gandhi can become Prime Minister whenever he wishes.
Speaking at a programme at PCC here, Gehlot said running a coalition government was not an easy task, but UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was doing it.
"Our young leader Rahul Gandhi can become prime minister whenever he wishes and not only people of the country and Congress, but the opposition has also accepted the fact," Gehlot said.
He was addressing a state-level meeting of newly appointed party spokesperson for district, block and nagar committees at the Pradesh Congress Committee office.
The chief minister asked party workers to create awareness about the schemes and programmes his government has initiated and take people`s feedback.
"Government`s decisions and pro-people schemes like Right to Hearing, Janani Surkasha etc will be successful once people are aware of it, and I alone cannot do it as everybody has to play their role," he said.
The chief minister said spokespersons should speak out to counter allegations of opposition with the truth, adding, they should be updated and in tune with the party`s ideology.
PCC chief Chandrabhan and MP Mahesh Meena were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!