Rahul Gandhi can be PM when he wishes: Ashok Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said not only the country and the Congress but the Opposition has also accepted that Rahul Gandhi can become Prime Minister whenever he wishes.
Speaking at a programme at PCC here, Gehlot said running a coalition government was not an easy task, but UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was doing it.
"Our young leader Rahul Gandhi can become prime minister whenever he wishes and not only people of the country and Congress, but the opposition has also accepted the fact," Gehlot said.
He was addressing a state-level meeting of newly appointed party spokesperson for district, block and nagar committees at the Pradesh Congress Committee office.
The chief minister asked party workers to create awareness about the schemes and programmes his government has initiated and take people`s feedback.
"Government`s decisions and pro-people schemes like Right to Hearing, Janani Surkasha etc will be successful once people are aware of it, and I alone cannot do it as everybody has to play their role," he said.
The chief minister said spokespersons should speak out to counter allegations of opposition with the truth, adding, they should be updated and in tune with the party`s ideology.
PCC chief Chandrabhan and MP Mahesh Meena were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY