Rahul Gandhi can be PM when he wishes: Ashok Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said not only the country and the Congress but the Opposition has also accepted that Rahul Gandhi can become Prime Minister whenever he wishes.
Speaking at a programme at PCC here, Gehlot said running a coalition government was not an easy task, but UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was doing it.
"Our young leader Rahul Gandhi can become prime minister whenever he wishes and not only people of the country and Congress, but the opposition has also accepted the fact," Gehlot said.
He was addressing a state-level meeting of newly appointed party spokesperson for district, block and nagar committees at the Pradesh Congress Committee office.
The chief minister asked party workers to create awareness about the schemes and programmes his government has initiated and take people`s feedback.
"Government`s decisions and pro-people schemes like Right to Hearing, Janani Surkasha etc will be successful once people are aware of it, and I alone cannot do it as everybody has to play their role," he said.
The chief minister said spokespersons should speak out to counter allegations of opposition with the truth, adding, they should be updated and in tune with the party`s ideology.
PCC chief Chandrabhan and MP Mahesh Meena were also present in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing