Rahul Gandhi destroyed Congress: Ex-party MP Gufran Azam
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Criticising Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, former party MP Gufran Azam on Monday accused the Gandhi scion of destroying the grand old party.
Speaking to ANI, Azam said, “Rahul thought Youth Congress is a lab and did experiments and destroyed it,” adding, that he did the same with the Congress.
Azam also questioned Rahul`s leadership credentials, saying, “Hum toh thak gaye sun sun ke, koi use pappu bolta hai, koi munna bolta hai, sharam aati hai.” (We are tired of hearing people addressing the Congress vice president as `Pappu` and `Munna` and feel ashamed).
Azam, who appeared to be very upset with the party leadership, said that he had been writing to Congress president Sonia Gandhi since 2005 that sycophants are ruling the roost in the party.
Commenting on the landslide victory of the BJP in the recently held General Elections, the former Congress MP asserted, “Modi`s prediction was right, he has crushed the Congress. The party did not see it coming, I warned but no one listened,” Azam added.
The Congress, which managed the election campaign under Rahul`s leadership suffered a massive defeat. The grand old party managed to win only 44 Lok Sabha seats, while the BJP under the leadership of Narendra Modi won 282.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review