Rahul Gandhi disagrees with Maharashtra govt rejection of Adarsh report
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Addressing a press conference here on Friday, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said that the meeting was held over the concerned about two main issues - corruption and price rise. He said that the party has discussed corruption, lokpal and price rise during the meeting with the chief ministers of the Congress-ruled states.
Rahul, who has been talking about fighting against corruption lately, today said that the Lokpal Bill needs to be implemented at state level, adding that it`s time to stop talking about it and start working on it. "I only see parties talking of corruption, but no systematic action. It`s fashionable to only talk and not work, he said. Further adding, “Want to take the stipulations in the national level Lokpal to the state level Lokpal as well.”
On being asked about the Adarsh housing scam report, Rahul said he don`t agree with Maharashtra Cabinet rejecting Adarsh commission report, they should reconsider it. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who was also present at the meeting, immediately reacted to Rahul`s comments and said that he will consult his colleagues over the matter.
The report of the two-panel commission headed by retired High Court judge JA Patil has indicted several politicians including three former chief ministers for "blatant violations" of statutory provisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister