Rahul Gandhi disagrees with Maharashtra govt rejection of Adarsh report
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Addressing a press conference here on Friday, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said that the meeting was held over the concerned about two main issues - corruption and price rise. He said that the party has discussed corruption, lokpal and price rise during the meeting with the chief ministers of the Congress-ruled states.
Rahul, who has been talking about fighting against corruption lately, today said that the Lokpal Bill needs to be implemented at state level, adding that it`s time to stop talking about it and start working on it. "I only see parties talking of corruption, but no systematic action. It`s fashionable to only talk and not work, he said. Further adding, “Want to take the stipulations in the national level Lokpal to the state level Lokpal as well.”
On being asked about the Adarsh housing scam report, Rahul said he don`t agree with Maharashtra Cabinet rejecting Adarsh commission report, they should reconsider it. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who was also present at the meeting, immediately reacted to Rahul`s comments and said that he will consult his colleagues over the matter.
The report of the two-panel commission headed by retired High Court judge JA Patil has indicted several politicians including three former chief ministers for "blatant violations" of statutory provisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS