Rahul Gandhi disagrees with Maharashtra govt rejection of Adarsh report
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Addressing a press conference here on Friday, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi said that the meeting was held over the concerned about two main issues - corruption and price rise. He said that the party has discussed corruption, lokpal and price rise during the meeting with the chief ministers of the Congress-ruled states.
Rahul, who has been talking about fighting against corruption lately, today said that the Lokpal Bill needs to be implemented at state level, adding that it`s time to stop talking about it and start working on it. "I only see parties talking of corruption, but no systematic action. It`s fashionable to only talk and not work, he said. Further adding, “Want to take the stipulations in the national level Lokpal to the state level Lokpal as well.”
On being asked about the Adarsh housing scam report, Rahul said he don`t agree with Maharashtra Cabinet rejecting Adarsh commission report, they should reconsider it. Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, who was also present at the meeting, immediately reacted to Rahul`s comments and said that he will consult his colleagues over the matter.
The report of the two-panel commission headed by retired High Court judge JA Patil has indicted several politicians including three former chief ministers for "blatant violations" of statutory provisions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla