Rahul Gandhi hardsells Delhi`s development, food security
New Delhi: Hard-selling the development work carried out in Delhi in the last 15 years and UPA`s food security bill, Rahul Gandhi on Sunday reached out to migrant voters who constitute around one-third of the population.
Lauding Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for bringing a turnaround in the state, Gandhi, whose rally coincided with Narendra Modi`s in Patna, criticised the opposition for ignoring development issues but did not make any reference to the controversy over his remarks on ISI being in touch with youths in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar.
Modi had attacked the Congress Vice-President on his remarks, saying he should either name the Muslim youths or publicly apologise for his statement.
Sticking to city issues, he said Delhi Metro`s model is being adopted even by foreign countries such as Indonesia and that the UPA government has given a "shining and world-class" airport to Delhiites.
"Those who come from outside, we hold their hands and march ahead along with them," Gandhi said reaching out to people who have settled in Delhi from other states, mainly Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakahnd.
Speaking in the same vein, AICC General Secretary in-charge Shakeel Ahmed said Delhi is home to not only people from Bihar and Eastern UP but from other states as well while BJP is aligning with Shiv Sena and Raj Thackeray, who have been attacking Hindi-speaking people in Maharashtra.
Gandhi as well as Diskhit talked about regularisation of unauthorised colonies, which has been a major poll plank of the Congress in the national capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video