Rahul Gandhi inaugurates hospital; shown black flags by BJYM
Allahabad: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Monday inaugurated a hospital here named after his great grandmother, Kamala Nehru, wife of the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
Gandhi, who is on a day-long visit to the city, was shown black flags by activists of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, youth wing of BJP, while his cavalcade was on way to the venue.
According to party sources, Gandhi arrived at the Bamrauli airport here from Delhi by a special aircraft and flew in a helicopter to Naini in trans-Yamuna region of the district where he inaugurated a new branch of city-based Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital.
The hospital is recognised as a `Regional Cancer Centre` by the Union Ministry for Health and Family Welfare.
BJYM activists waved black flags and shouted slogans against the UPA government at the Centre as Gandhi`s cavalcade made its way from the helipad to the venue of the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir