Rahul Gandhi inaugurates hospital; shown black flags by BJYM
Allahabad: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Monday inaugurated a hospital here named after his great grandmother, Kamala Nehru, wife of the country`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru.
Gandhi, who is on a day-long visit to the city, was shown black flags by activists of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, youth wing of BJP, while his cavalcade was on way to the venue.
According to party sources, Gandhi arrived at the Bamrauli airport here from Delhi by a special aircraft and flew in a helicopter to Naini in trans-Yamuna region of the district where he inaugurated a new branch of city-based Kamala Nehru Memorial Hospital.
The hospital is recognised as a `Regional Cancer Centre` by the Union Ministry for Health and Family Welfare.
BJYM activists waved black flags and shouted slogans against the UPA government at the Centre as Gandhi`s cavalcade made its way from the helipad to the venue of the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...