Rahul Gandhi indicates changes in Congress set up in Amethi
Rae Bareli: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday indicated changes in the organisational set up of the party in his parliamentary constituency Amethi, where it fared badly in the last Assembly elections.
Gandhi today met party workers of his constituency here and indicated that new people would be given responsibilities in the organisational set up in a month`s time, party leaders who met him said.
He said with new faces the party would be given "a new thrust" in the area.
In 2012 assembly elections, Congress had managed to win only two of the 10 Assembly seats in the Gandhi bastions of Amethi and Rae Bareli in central Uttar Pradesh.
The Samajwadi Party had won eight of the 10 Assembly seats in the two parliamentary constituencies represented by Rahul Gandhi and his mother Sonia Gandhi.
The Congress vice-president also held over two-hour long meeting with the officials of the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust and took feedback on the ongoing works of Mahila Vikas Pariyojna.
The Mahila Vikas Pariyojna is presently operational in 22 districts of the state and work is on to extend it in 30 districts.
Gandhi, who had arrived in Amethi yesterday, had a night halt at the Bhueymau guest house here and he left for New Delhi in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi