Rahul Gandhi indicates changes in Congress set up in Amethi
Rae Bareli: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Friday indicated changes in the organisational set up of the party in his parliamentary constituency Amethi, where it fared badly in the last Assembly elections.
Gandhi today met party workers of his constituency here and indicated that new people would be given responsibilities in the organisational set up in a month`s time, party leaders who met him said.
He said with new faces the party would be given "a new thrust" in the area.
In 2012 assembly elections, Congress had managed to win only two of the 10 Assembly seats in the Gandhi bastions of Amethi and Rae Bareli in central Uttar Pradesh.
The Samajwadi Party had won eight of the 10 Assembly seats in the two parliamentary constituencies represented by Rahul Gandhi and his mother Sonia Gandhi.
The Congress vice-president also held over two-hour long meeting with the officials of the Rajiv Gandhi Charitable Trust and took feedback on the ongoing works of Mahila Vikas Pariyojna.
The Mahila Vikas Pariyojna is presently operational in 22 districts of the state and work is on to extend it in 30 districts.
Gandhi, who had arrived in Amethi yesterday, had a night halt at the Bhueymau guest house here and he left for New Delhi in the afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video