Rahul Gandhi is a failed leader: Ananth Kumar
Bangalore: With speculations rife that Rahul Gandhi will be elevated to the number two position in the party, as a cabinet reshuffle looks imminent in the backdrop of Trinamool Congress withdrawing its support from the UPA Government, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ananth Kumar on Monday described the Congress general secretary as a failed leader whose magic has ended even before it started.
Kumar said any tinkering of the Central Cabinet would not serve the purpose, because the Congress-led UPA Government has lost credibility.
“Rahul Gandhi is a failed leader. Rahul Gandhi has failed in all the assembly elections. Rahul Gandhi’s so called magic ended before it started. From Karnataka to Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh to Jharkhand, Bihar, Gujarat wherever Rahul Gandhi vent, the Congress has lost it,” said Kumar.
“Therefore, Rahul Gandhi is a doomsday for Congress. The UPA Government’s countdown has started,” he added.
The BJP leader further said the UPA Government has lost its moral authority and mandate to govern the country because of rampant corruption, spiralling price rise, economic crisis and anarchy.
“Their allied partners are running away from them. UPA has started disintegrating. The nation is moving towards mid-term polls. It is high time the Congress Government should resign and face the people’s mandate,” he added.
Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, and Congress president Sonia Gandhi are expected to give final shape to the Cabinet reshuffle after talking to allies of the UPA Government.
It may be recalled here that Rahul Gandhi had earlier in July formally announced that he would now play a more active role in the party and the government.
“I will play a more active role in party and the government. The final decision is up to the Congress leadership,” he told mediapersons here after voting for presidential election.
Rahul Gandhi, the Member of Parliament of India representing the Amethi constituency, is the fourth-generation scion of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video