Rahul Gandhi is `right` in opposing ordinance on convicted lawmakers, says Shashi Tharoor
Zee media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress minster and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor endorsed Rahul Gandhi`s opposition to the ordinance on convicted lawmakers and said on Friday that the Congress vice president was right.
Tharoor tweeted – ``My party VP has broken ranks, I`m delighted. Let me say: RG is right."
Rahul today questioned the ordinance moved by the Centre on negating the Supreme Court verdict on lawmakers and termed it as "complete nonsense."
Addressing media persons here, Rahul Gandhi said, "I’m not concerned with any of the parties, but about what Congress is doing. The ordinance on convicted lawmakers is complete nonsense and it should be torn and thrown away."
The young Congress leader made this remark a day after a high-level BJP delegation met President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him not to give his consent to the ordinance.
The President on Friday called Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Law Minister Kapil Sibal for consultations on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj