Rahul Gandhi is `right` in opposing ordinance on convicted lawmakers, says Shashi Tharoor
Zee media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress minster and Union Minister Shashi Tharoor endorsed Rahul Gandhi`s opposition to the ordinance on convicted lawmakers and said on Friday that the Congress vice president was right.
Tharoor tweeted – ``My party VP has broken ranks, I`m delighted. Let me say: RG is right."
Rahul today questioned the ordinance moved by the Centre on negating the Supreme Court verdict on lawmakers and termed it as "complete nonsense."
Addressing media persons here, Rahul Gandhi said, "I’m not concerned with any of the parties, but about what Congress is doing. The ordinance on convicted lawmakers is complete nonsense and it should be torn and thrown away."
The young Congress leader made this remark a day after a high-level BJP delegation met President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him not to give his consent to the ordinance.
The President on Friday called Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Law Minister Kapil Sibal for consultations on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement