Rahul Gandhi likely to visit Gujarat next month
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is likely to come to Gujarat early next month on a two-day visit.
It will be the Congress leader`s first tour of the state after Narendra Modi was named BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Gandhi is likely to visit the state on October 3 and 4, party sources said on Wednesday.
He will be in the city on the first day of his visit, and is likely to attend state Congress Executive Council meeting.
The Amethi MP will also interact with state Congress leaders, sources said.
The next day, he will travel to Rajkot and meet party leaders there, the sources said, giving the tentative programme of the Congress leader.
After taking over as Congress vice-president in January this year, the 43-year-old has been visiting states to take stock of the party`s affairs and the tour of BJP-ruled Gujarat will be part of that, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city