Rahul Gandhi likely to visit Gujarat next month
Ahmedabad: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is likely to come to Gujarat early next month on a two-day visit.
It will be the Congress leader`s first tour of the state after Narendra Modi was named BJP`s prime ministerial nominee.
Gandhi is likely to visit the state on October 3 and 4, party sources said on Wednesday.
He will be in the city on the first day of his visit, and is likely to attend state Congress Executive Council meeting.
The Amethi MP will also interact with state Congress leaders, sources said.
The next day, he will travel to Rajkot and meet party leaders there, the sources said, giving the tentative programme of the Congress leader.
After taking over as Congress vice-president in January this year, the 43-year-old has been visiting states to take stock of the party`s affairs and the tour of BJP-ruled Gujarat will be part of that, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral