Rahul Gandhi meets Banda rape victim
Banda (UP): Rahul Gandhi on Monday met the
teenaged girl, who was allegedly raped by a BSP MLA, in her
village here and assured her of all possible help after the
victim claimed that she was getting threats from the
"Rahul arrived at the house this afternoon and had a
glass of milk which I served," the 17-year-old girl, who
belongs to a backward community, told reporters in Shahbajpur
village in the district, about 220 kms from Lucknow.
The Congress general secretary met the girl for about
The girl was allegedly raped by BSP MLA Purshottam
Dwivedi in December and later jailed after he implicated her
in a false theft case. The incident triggered a public outcry
prompting BSP supremo Mayawati to suspend him from the party
and the MLA was arrested last month.
"I narrated the entire incident to him and sought
security for myself," she said, alleging that she was still
getting threats from the jailed MLA`s brother and BSP men.
"I told him (Rahul) that no heed is being paid to my
complaints. He wrote down all my grievances and assured me of
all possible help," the girl said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan, you are an adorable munchkin! See what daddy Shah Rukh posted
- Nation remembers Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on his 52nd death anniversary
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: SRH vs GL - Second opportunity for Suresh Raina & Co to book final berth
- Two security personnel injured in gunbattle in Baramulla
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Udta Punjab' gets into trouble with Censor Board