Rahul Gandhi meets MP Congress leaders
New Delhi: With assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh due in November, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday asked party leaders in the state to aggressively "expose" corruption in the BJP government headed by Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
In his interaction with state PCC chief Kantilal Bhuria and CLP leader Ajay Singh, Rahul told them that the Congress leadership should use RTI to unearth corruption in various departments of the government and bring this to public attention, sources said.
He also impressed upon them to be careful in candidate selection so that wrong elements do not get tickets. Assembly elections are due in the state in the year-end.
During an interaction with PCC chiefs and CLP leaders of states last month, he was told by Bhuria that the Union ministers hailing from the state do not cooperate with the PCC.
His earlier meetings with leaders from Haryana and Madhya Pradesh had seen complaints of indiscipline and groupism in party affairs.
Rahul stressed on the need to strengthen the organisation in the state ahead of the elections. Congress is out of power in the state since past 10 years.
There is also a view in the party that Congress should declare its chief ministerial candidate for the state to take on the two-time chief minister Chouhan. The idea got strengthened after Congress romped home in Himachal Pradesh replacing the BJP after it projected Virbhadra Singh as its face.
Rahul also held interactions with Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and PCC chief Phulchand Mulana today. AICC general secretary in-charge for both the states BK Hariprasad also attended the meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister