Rahul Gandhi meets MP Congress leaders
New Delhi: With assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh due in November, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday asked party leaders in the state to aggressively "expose" corruption in the BJP government headed by Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
In his interaction with state PCC chief Kantilal Bhuria and CLP leader Ajay Singh, Rahul told them that the Congress leadership should use RTI to unearth corruption in various departments of the government and bring this to public attention, sources said.
He also impressed upon them to be careful in candidate selection so that wrong elements do not get tickets. Assembly elections are due in the state in the year-end.
During an interaction with PCC chiefs and CLP leaders of states last month, he was told by Bhuria that the Union ministers hailing from the state do not cooperate with the PCC.
His earlier meetings with leaders from Haryana and Madhya Pradesh had seen complaints of indiscipline and groupism in party affairs.
Rahul stressed on the need to strengthen the organisation in the state ahead of the elections. Congress is out of power in the state since past 10 years.
There is also a view in the party that Congress should declare its chief ministerial candidate for the state to take on the two-time chief minister Chouhan. The idea got strengthened after Congress romped home in Himachal Pradesh replacing the BJP after it projected Virbhadra Singh as its face.
Rahul also held interactions with Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and PCC chief Phulchand Mulana today. AICC general secretary in-charge for both the states BK Hariprasad also attended the meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla