Rahul Gandhi needs to prove his mettle: Sharad Pawar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar has refused to work under Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi saying that there is a generation gap between the two.
In an interview to a news channel, the NCP boss said that Rahul has to prove his mettle before taking up a bigger role after the 2014 General Elections.
"One has to prove his mettle in administration. Rahul Gandhi should have joined the Manmohan Singh government. He did not join," Pawar said.
However, the seasoned politician refused to comment on Rahul’s candidature for the prime minister’s post.
Dismissing reports of him vying for the PM’s post, the Union Minister made it clear that he will not contest the next Lok Sabha polls. However, Pawar expressed full support of his party to the Congress saying he will continue to remain with its long time ally even if the election results go the other way.
While, predicting more seats for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2014 polls and Congress losing a few, the NCP boss said that both the national parties will fall short of attaining a majority.
On the spiraling onion prices, the Agriculture Minister refused to share the blame and put the onus on the Ministry of Food and Consumer Affairs.
Pawar admitted that some middle-men are making huge money because of the sky-rocketing onion prices and expressed unhappiness over farmers getting affected.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad