Rahul Gandhi needs to prove his mettle: Sharad Pawar
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar has refused to work under Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi saying that there is a generation gap between the two.
In an interview to a news channel, the NCP boss said that Rahul has to prove his mettle before taking up a bigger role after the 2014 General Elections.
"One has to prove his mettle in administration. Rahul Gandhi should have joined the Manmohan Singh government. He did not join," Pawar said.
However, the seasoned politician refused to comment on Rahul’s candidature for the prime minister’s post.
Dismissing reports of him vying for the PM’s post, the Union Minister made it clear that he will not contest the next Lok Sabha polls. However, Pawar expressed full support of his party to the Congress saying he will continue to remain with its long time ally even if the election results go the other way.
While, predicting more seats for the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the 2014 polls and Congress losing a few, the NCP boss said that both the national parties will fall short of attaining a majority.
On the spiraling onion prices, the Agriculture Minister refused to share the blame and put the onus on the Ministry of Food and Consumer Affairs.
Pawar admitted that some middle-men are making huge money because of the sky-rocketing onion prices and expressed unhappiness over farmers getting affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened