Rahul Gandhi not the only one to sleep in Parliament!
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Debates in Parliament amongst other things have also witnessed MPs who have fallen asleep during proceedings. The latest to join the bandwagon is none other than Congress vice president, Rahul Gandhi, who was caught sleeping and yawning in Lok Sabha on Wednesday when CPM MP P Karunakaran was addressing the House on the issue of price rise during the Budget session.
The video of Rahul`s napping session has gone viral and has also become a talking point on various social networking sites.
Here`s a look at those Parliamentarians who were caught in a state similar to the Congress vice president.
Earlier, former prime minister Manmohan Singh was also found snoozing during the Parliament session along with the then MP and now Himachal Pradesh`s Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who is popular for his witty speeches, too couldn`t resist the boredom of debates in Parliament when he fell asleep during a session in September 2011.
Prasad was caught sleeping in the first row which is right in front of the Speaker`s chair.
Later, when the then speaker Meira Kumar noticed the RJD supremo dozing, she requested his party colleague Umashankar Singh, seated behind Prasad in the second row to wake him up.
Others, who were found catching their forty winks, include Congress leaders Kamal Nath and Veerappa Moily while Rajeev Shukla was seen rubbing his eyes and yawning.
Even some BJP leaders couldn`t escape the cameras while sleeping inside the Parliament. Former BJP leader Jaswant Singh was found nodding off when former union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee was addressing the House.
In the present NDA government, MP Santosh Gangwar was seen sleeping a few weeks back while Prime Minister Narendra Modi was addressing the house right in front of him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption