Rahul Gandhi not the only one to sleep in Parliament!
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: Debates in Parliament amongst other things have also witnessed MPs who have fallen asleep during proceedings. The latest to join the bandwagon is none other than Congress vice president, Rahul Gandhi, who was caught sleeping and yawning in Lok Sabha on Wednesday when CPM MP P Karunakaran was addressing the House on the issue of price rise during the Budget session.
The video of Rahul`s napping session has gone viral and has also become a talking point on various social networking sites.
Here`s a look at those Parliamentarians who were caught in a state similar to the Congress vice president.
Earlier, former prime minister Manmohan Singh was also found snoozing during the Parliament session along with the then MP and now Himachal Pradesh`s Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, who is popular for his witty speeches, too couldn`t resist the boredom of debates in Parliament when he fell asleep during a session in September 2011.
Prasad was caught sleeping in the first row which is right in front of the Speaker`s chair.
Later, when the then speaker Meira Kumar noticed the RJD supremo dozing, she requested his party colleague Umashankar Singh, seated behind Prasad in the second row to wake him up.
Others, who were found catching their forty winks, include Congress leaders Kamal Nath and Veerappa Moily while Rajeev Shukla was seen rubbing his eyes and yawning.
Even some BJP leaders couldn`t escape the cameras while sleeping inside the Parliament. Former BJP leader Jaswant Singh was found nodding off when former union finance minister Pranab Mukherjee was addressing the House.
In the present NDA government, MP Santosh Gangwar was seen sleeping a few weeks back while Prime Minister Narendra Modi was addressing the house right in front of him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan