Rahul Gandhi on feedback mission in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi arrived in Rajasthan`s Bikaner district on Wednesday to hold "feedback meetings" with party workers. The Gandhi scion is on a two-day visit of the state during which he will collect feedback from workers about the party`s prospects in the upcoming assembly and Lok Sabha elections.
Assembly polls are scheduled in Congress-ruled Rajasthan at the year-end.
According to sources, Rahul is slated to arrive in Jaipur on Thursday.
In Bikaner, sources said Rahul Gandhi met party workers and district and block-level office bearers of the state unit. During the meeting, party workers complained about senior leaders and their way of functioning.
"The workers complained against former minister and head of finance commission B.D. Kalla, who acted against the party`s official candidates during the last assembly elections. Rahul is listening more and speaking less in the meetings. He wants the party to fight unitedly during the coming elections," said a source in the Congress party.
Rahul Gandhi is likely to meet around 6,500 party workers and leaders in Bikaner and Jaipur.
Leaders of the National Students Union of India (NSUI) and the Youth Congress were present during the meeting in Bikaner on Wednesday.
"Rahul will play a crucial role in chalking out the strategy of the campaign during the assembly elections in November or December. Party workers were asked to give their opinions, suggestions and complaints to Rahul directly," said a party leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters