Rahul Gandhi pays tribute to Sarabjit Singh
Bikhiwind: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi on Friday paid rich tributes to Sarabjit Singh, who died at a Pakistani hospital following a brutal attack, here at his cremation in native village.
Rahul stayed with the aggrieved family for about half an hour and offered condolences to Dalbir Kaur, sister of Sarabjit Singh, party sources said.
The Congress leader assured full support to the family, they added.
State Congress chief Pratap Singh Bajwa, who was also present on the occasion, said that martyrdom of Sarabjit would not go waste.
He said that demise of Sarabjit Singh had jolted the whole nation.
Consoling Sarabjit`s sister, wife and daughters, Bajwa said that Pakistan had violated human rights.
Others who attended the last rites of Sarabjit included , member working committee, AICC, Gulchain Singh Charak, secretary in-charge Punjab, Harish Chaudhary, Union minister of state for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, MP Vijayinder Singla, vice president, PPCC, O P Soni and vice-chairman, SC commission, Raj Kumar Verka.
Sarabjit died of cardiac arrest in a Lahore hospital yesterday after being comatose for nearly a week following a brutal assault by fellow inmates in a high security jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui