Rahul Gandhi reviews political situation in Kerala
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday reviewed the political situation in Kerala at a time when the controversy over the solar panel scam refuses to die down.
The Congress vice President deliberated on the strategy for the Lok Sabha elections with Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and PCC Chief Ramesh Chennithala who have been at loggerheads for the last few months.
Senior Congress leaders Janardan Dwivedi, Ahmed Patel and Mukul Wasnik rpt Mukul Wasnik, who is also in-charge of party affairs in Kerala were also present in the meeting, sources said.
Gandhi`s meeting with Congress leaders from Kerala came at a time when opposition LDF is running an agressive campaign for removal of Chandy in the wake of the scam.
The Congress central leadership is said to be worried over the developments in the party, including factional feud between groups headed by Chandy and Chennithala, in the state where it had won 16 seats out of 20 seats in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls.
Gandhi is learnt to have asked the two leaders to put an end to the infighting and work unitedly to strengthen the party before the Lok Sabha polls.
The war between the two factions intensified after Chandy had made an effort to induct Chennithala into his Cabinet.
Chennithala refused to join the government fearing that it would be suicidal for him to be part of a government hit by the solar panel scam.
Both the leaders had met Congress President Sonia Gandhi on this issue and she gave her consent to Chennithala to continue as KPCC chief till Lok Sabha polls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth