Rahul Gandhi, Shinde to attend CRPF event in Amethi
New Delhi: Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi are expected to attend an event of the country`s largest paramilitary force CRPF in Amethi on Thursday, official sources said.
Apart from Shinde and Rahul, Minister of State for Home RPN Singh, Union Home Secretary Anil Goswami, CRPF chief Pranay Sahay and other senior officials will attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of a recruits training centre of the Central Reserve Police Force which was envisaged here in 2011, the sources said.
A group centre of CRPF is already located here.
Amethi is the parliamentary constituency of Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city