Rahul Gandhi should accept poll defeat gracefully: C.P Thakur
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader C.P Thakur on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi should accept defeat and think seriously on taking on the role of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
" Rahul Gandhi should accept his defeat gracefully and consider being the Leader of Opposition. Although, it is true that his party doesn`t have the required numbers to stake claim for that position," Thakur said.
The BJP led National Democratic Alliance bagged 336 seats in total including BJP`s own 282 seats in its tally out of 543 seats. While the Congress could just bag a dismal 44 seats in the new house of Lok Sabha shedding 162 seats from its earlier total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez