Rahul Gandhi should accept poll defeat gracefully: C.P Thakur
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader C.P Thakur on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi should accept defeat and think seriously on taking on the role of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
" Rahul Gandhi should accept his defeat gracefully and consider being the Leader of Opposition. Although, it is true that his party doesn`t have the required numbers to stake claim for that position," Thakur said.
The BJP led National Democratic Alliance bagged 336 seats in total including BJP`s own 282 seats in its tally out of 543 seats. While the Congress could just bag a dismal 44 seats in the new house of Lok Sabha shedding 162 seats from its earlier total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!