Rahul Gandhi should accept poll defeat gracefully: C.P Thakur
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader C.P Thakur on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi should accept defeat and think seriously on taking on the role of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
" Rahul Gandhi should accept his defeat gracefully and consider being the Leader of Opposition. Although, it is true that his party doesn`t have the required numbers to stake claim for that position," Thakur said.
The BJP led National Democratic Alliance bagged 336 seats in total including BJP`s own 282 seats in its tally out of 543 seats. While the Congress could just bag a dismal 44 seats in the new house of Lok Sabha shedding 162 seats from its earlier total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love