Rahul Gandhi should accept poll defeat gracefully: C.P Thakur
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader C.P Thakur on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi should accept defeat and think seriously on taking on the role of Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha.
" Rahul Gandhi should accept his defeat gracefully and consider being the Leader of Opposition. Although, it is true that his party doesn`t have the required numbers to stake claim for that position," Thakur said.
The BJP led National Democratic Alliance bagged 336 seats in total including BJP`s own 282 seats in its tally out of 543 seats. While the Congress could just bag a dismal 44 seats in the new house of Lok Sabha shedding 162 seats from its earlier total.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi