Rahul Gandhi should be PM in 2014: Rosaiah
Medak (AP): Utilizing the occasion of Rahul
Gandhi`s 40th birthday on Saturday, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah strongly pitched for the Nehru-Gandhi family scion
becoming the Prime Minister in 2014 saying he has all the
traits to occupy the top post.
Addressing a public meeting after launching several
development programmes worth Rs 76 crore at Kulcharam in Medak
district, the Chief Minister said Rahul "has all the traits to
become Prime Minister and the country needs him in that post".
He claimed "twice he (Rahul) refused to become the Prime
Minister even when the opportunity came"
Rahul "even refused to become a minister in the Union
Cabinet", Rosaiah added.
"Rahul has all the qualities of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira
Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. Yet, he is so simple
and humble", the Chief Minister remarked and appealed to the
people to ensure Congress` victory so that Rahul could become
the Prime Minister in 2014.
Seeking to rebut criticism that his government was trying
to water-down the welfare schemes, Rosaiah said "all the
welfare programmes launched by the Congress government since
2004 will be continued. There need not be any apprehensions on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla