Rahul Gandhi should be PM in 2014: Rosaiah
Medak (AP): Utilizing the occasion of Rahul
Gandhi`s 40th birthday on Saturday, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K
Rosaiah strongly pitched for the Nehru-Gandhi family scion
becoming the Prime Minister in 2014 saying he has all the
traits to occupy the top post.
Addressing a public meeting after launching several
development programmes worth Rs 76 crore at Kulcharam in Medak
district, the Chief Minister said Rahul "has all the traits to
become Prime Minister and the country needs him in that post".
He claimed "twice he (Rahul) refused to become the Prime
Minister even when the opportunity came"
Rahul "even refused to become a minister in the Union
Cabinet", Rosaiah added.
"Rahul has all the qualities of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira
Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. Yet, he is so simple
and humble", the Chief Minister remarked and appealed to the
people to ensure Congress` victory so that Rahul could become
the Prime Minister in 2014.
Seeking to rebut criticism that his government was trying
to water-down the welfare schemes, Rosaiah said "all the
welfare programmes launched by the Congress government since
2004 will be continued. There need not be any apprehensions on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!