Rahul Gandhi takes keen interest in debate on women atrocities
New Delhi: A day after storming the Well, Rahul Gandhi was again active in Lok Sabha on Thursday as he batted for more time to a Congress party colleague speaking passionately on the issue of atrocities against women and children.
Rahul, who was sitting in the fourth row, was listening to the discussion and was also seen talking to Congress members Jyotiraditya Scindia.
He even thumped the desk after Ranjeet Ranjan, a Congress MP from Bihar, ended her speech.
As Ranjan had exhausted her alloted time of 11 minutes to speak on the issue, the Chair asked her to take her seat. The Congress members, however, demanded that she be allowed to speak as the issue was of importance.
Rahul, along with other Congress members, demanded that Ranjan be alloted two more minutes.
Yesterday, the Congress Vice President had raked up the issue of "rising" communal violence and later said that opposition is not being given time in the House to discuss the issue.
Normally reticent and a back-bencher, Rahul - a third time member of the House - entered the Well for the first time to join his party members in pressing for an adjournment motion to discuss the incidents of communal violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks