Rahul Gandhi - The man who received India’s last telegram
New Delhi: Just 15 minutes to midnight on Sunday, the iconic telegram breathed its last in the capital with the last message sent to Rahul Gandhi.
The telegram counter closed at 11:45 PM and the revenue collected was Rs 68,837 as the country bid adieu to the harbinger of good and bad news for generations of Indians.
The total booking today was 2,197 of which billing through computer accounted for 1,329 and phone booking 91, a senior telegraph officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug