Rahul Gandhi - The man who received India’s last telegram
New Delhi: Just 15 minutes to midnight on Sunday, the iconic telegram breathed its last in the capital with the last message sent to Rahul Gandhi.
The telegram counter closed at 11:45 PM and the revenue collected was Rs 68,837 as the country bid adieu to the harbinger of good and bad news for generations of Indians.
The total booking today was 2,197 of which billing through computer accounted for 1,329 and phone booking 91, a senior telegraph officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala