Rahul Gandhi to address Mahila Congress meet on Wednesday
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi will tomorrow address the concluding day of the two-day National Council meet of Mahila Congress.
The two-day meet, that began on Tuesday, was attended by Mahila Congress chiefs from states during which issues like challenges before the party and ensuring proper representation to women in elections were discussed.
Apart from the Congress Vice President, senior party leaders Janardan Dwivedi, Oscar Fernandes, Mohsina Kidwai and others will be attending the event tomorrow, Mahila Congress chief Shobha Oza told PTI.
The meet came a day after Narendra Modi government announced its committment to pass the women`s reservation Bill to provide 33 percent quota for women in Parliament and state assemblies.
Gandhi, who has been pitching for increased women`s participation in decision-making, is likely to speak on the issue tomorrow.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley