Rahul Gandhi to address Wharton India Economic Forum?
Delhi: After Arvind Kejriwal, it is now the turn of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi who has been invited to deliver a lecture at Wharton India Economic Forum on Tuesday. Whether Rahul Gandhi has accepted the invitation is yet to be confirmed.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was invited by the students to address the Wharton India Economic Forum via video-conference. However, an official statement from the Wharton India Economic Forum on Monday stated that Modi had been dropped from the list of keynote speakers.
"Our team felt that the potential polarizing reactions from sub-segments of the alumni base student body, and our supporters might put Mr Modi in a compromising position" the forum said in a statement.
Soon after, the buzz of Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal “replacing” Modi started doing the rounds. Kejriwal rubbished these reports and said that he received the invitation to be a speaker much before.
"It is being reported in some sections of media that I have replaced Mr Narendra Modi for this Wharton lecture. I think this is incorrect because they have been in touch with me for more than 15 to 20 days. And, I understand from the newspapers reports that Modi`s cancellation took place one or two days back," he added.
"They have told me that they have invited many people and I am one of them. So, Mr Modi`s cancellation has nothing to do with my invitation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune