Rahul Gandhi to address Wharton India Economic Forum?
Delhi: After Arvind Kejriwal, it is now the turn of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi who has been invited to deliver a lecture at Wharton India Economic Forum on Tuesday. Whether Rahul Gandhi has accepted the invitation is yet to be confirmed.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was invited by the students to address the Wharton India Economic Forum via video-conference. However, an official statement from the Wharton India Economic Forum on Monday stated that Modi had been dropped from the list of keynote speakers.
"Our team felt that the potential polarizing reactions from sub-segments of the alumni base student body, and our supporters might put Mr Modi in a compromising position" the forum said in a statement.
Soon after, the buzz of Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal “replacing” Modi started doing the rounds. Kejriwal rubbished these reports and said that he received the invitation to be a speaker much before.
"It is being reported in some sections of media that I have replaced Mr Narendra Modi for this Wharton lecture. I think this is incorrect because they have been in touch with me for more than 15 to 20 days. And, I understand from the newspapers reports that Modi`s cancellation took place one or two days back," he added.
"They have told me that they have invited many people and I am one of them. So, Mr Modi`s cancellation has nothing to do with my invitation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...