Rahul Gandhi to address Wharton India Economic Forum?
Delhi: After Arvind Kejriwal, it is now the turn of Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi who has been invited to deliver a lecture at Wharton India Economic Forum on Tuesday. Whether Rahul Gandhi has accepted the invitation is yet to be confirmed.
Earlier, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was invited by the students to address the Wharton India Economic Forum via video-conference. However, an official statement from the Wharton India Economic Forum on Monday stated that Modi had been dropped from the list of keynote speakers.
"Our team felt that the potential polarizing reactions from sub-segments of the alumni base student body, and our supporters might put Mr Modi in a compromising position" the forum said in a statement.
Soon after, the buzz of Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal “replacing” Modi started doing the rounds. Kejriwal rubbished these reports and said that he received the invitation to be a speaker much before.
"It is being reported in some sections of media that I have replaced Mr Narendra Modi for this Wharton lecture. I think this is incorrect because they have been in touch with me for more than 15 to 20 days. And, I understand from the newspapers reports that Modi`s cancellation took place one or two days back," he added.
"They have told me that they have invited many people and I am one of them. So, Mr Modi`s cancellation has nothing to do with my invitation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India