Rahul Gandhi to interact with young achievers in Karnataka today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive here on Saturday to hold discussions with party leaders on various political issues pertaining to the state ahead of the General Elections.
According to the party sources, Gandhi is also expected to interact with young achievers from various fields including IT, BT and experts on agriculture.
Rahul Gandhi, who is keen on pushing key anti-corruption bills, had last night met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
In a major exercise ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Congress had on Thursday night constituted screening committees for all states and Union Territories for early selection of candidates.
In today`s meet party leaders from Karnataka, including Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and KPCC President G Parameshwar are expected to be present.
"Rahul Gandhji will hold discussions with Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee members including Siddaramaiah and myself on political issues relating to the state," Parameshwar told reporters on the eve of Gandhi`s visit here to address youth convention on Friday.
Union Ministers Sashi Tharoor, Manish Tewari and Sachin Pilot also will be present in the deliberations with Gandhi, he said.
On the youth convention, Youth Congress President Rajeev Satav said before the meeting with KPCC leaders, Gandhi will interact with young achievers from various fields including IT, BT and experts on agriculture.
Gandhi will address about 200 youth and Congress MLAs to ensure youth`s involvement in the framing of national policies, Satav said.
Gandhi wants to involve youth in policy-making decisions unlike on earlier occasions the senior leaders were framing them, Satav said.
The convention is divided into three sessions and Gandhi will join afternoon sessions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote