Rahul Gandhi to interact with young achievers in Karnataka today
Zee Media Bureau
Bangalore: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is scheduled to arrive here on Saturday to hold discussions with party leaders on various political issues pertaining to the state ahead of the General Elections.
According to the party sources, Gandhi is also expected to interact with young achievers from various fields including IT, BT and experts on agriculture.
Rahul Gandhi, who is keen on pushing key anti-corruption bills, had last night met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
In a major exercise ahead of Lok Sabha polls, Congress had on Thursday night constituted screening committees for all states and Union Territories for early selection of candidates.
In today`s meet party leaders from Karnataka, including Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and KPCC President G Parameshwar are expected to be present.
"Rahul Gandhji will hold discussions with Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee members including Siddaramaiah and myself on political issues relating to the state," Parameshwar told reporters on the eve of Gandhi`s visit here to address youth convention on Friday.
Union Ministers Sashi Tharoor, Manish Tewari and Sachin Pilot also will be present in the deliberations with Gandhi, he said.
On the youth convention, Youth Congress President Rajeev Satav said before the meeting with KPCC leaders, Gandhi will interact with young achievers from various fields including IT, BT and experts on agriculture.
Gandhi will address about 200 youth and Congress MLAs to ensure youth`s involvement in the framing of national policies, Satav said.
Gandhi wants to involve youth in policy-making decisions unlike on earlier occasions the senior leaders were framing them, Satav said.
The convention is divided into three sessions and Gandhi will join afternoon sessions, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people