Rahul Gandhi to lead Lok Sabha campaign: AICC resolution
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress campaign for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, said a resolution moved at the All India Congress Committee meeting Friday.
It noted that the results of four assembly polls held last year were a "wake-up call" that should motivate the party to work harder.
"This meeting of the AICC declares that the Congress party`s 2014 Lok Sabha election will be led by Rahul Gandhi," the resolution said.
It also called upon party workers to better connect with the people.
The resolution said the party was confident of facing the challenges ahead.
"Indian National Congress stands fully prepared to confidently face the challenges ahead. It will go the people in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on the basis of its core values of secularism, social justice and inclusive growth," said the resolution moved by union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth