Rahul Gandhi to lead Lok Sabha campaign: AICC resolution
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress campaign for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, said a resolution moved at the All India Congress Committee meeting Friday.
It noted that the results of four assembly polls held last year were a "wake-up call" that should motivate the party to work harder.
"This meeting of the AICC declares that the Congress party`s 2014 Lok Sabha election will be led by Rahul Gandhi," the resolution said.
It also called upon party workers to better connect with the people.
The resolution said the party was confident of facing the challenges ahead.
"Indian National Congress stands fully prepared to confidently face the challenges ahead. It will go the people in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on the basis of its core values of secularism, social justice and inclusive growth," said the resolution moved by union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!