Rahul Gandhi to lead Lok Sabha campaign: AICC resolution
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will lead the Congress campaign for 2014 Lok Sabha elections, said a resolution moved at the All India Congress Committee meeting Friday.
It noted that the results of four assembly polls held last year were a "wake-up call" that should motivate the party to work harder.
"This meeting of the AICC declares that the Congress party`s 2014 Lok Sabha election will be led by Rahul Gandhi," the resolution said.
It also called upon party workers to better connect with the people.
The resolution said the party was confident of facing the challenges ahead.
"Indian National Congress stands fully prepared to confidently face the challenges ahead. It will go the people in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections on the basis of its core values of secularism, social justice and inclusive growth," said the resolution moved by union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference