Rahul Gandhi to meet party`s state leaders Feb 15
New Delhi: Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will continue his exercise of taking feedback from party leaders on how to strengthen the organisation and will meet chief ministers, state unit chiefs and legislative party leaders Friday, party sources said.
"Gandhi will meet PCC (Pradesh Congress Committee) chiefs and CLP (Congress Legislature Party) chiefs on Friday to take their feedback on strengthening the organisation," Congress sources said.
The meeting follows from Gandhi`s interactions with party general secretaries and secretaries, spread over three days two weeks ago, and is likely to extend till Saturday, said the sources.
The senior leaders urged Gandhi to overhaul the party system to brace it for future challenges.
The feedback sessions are expected to give Gandhi a first-hand account of the situation on the ground and will help him recast his team for a slew of state elections this year culminating in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Gandhi, who was made vice president Jan 19, heads the party`s coordination panel for the 2014 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf