Rahul Gandhi to visit Narendra Modi`s bastion Gujarat
Mumbai: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will pay a two-day visit to Gujarat starting Thursday, a party statement said.
He will visit Mahatma Gandhi`s historic Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad on Thursday and later hold a meeting of office-bearers of district and block Congress committees, the statement said.
This will be followed by a meeting of the national executive of the National Students Union of India, the Congress` student`s wing, and elected membes of local self government institutions.
The following day, Gandhi will travel to Rajkot, the former assembly constituency of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate, it said.
There he is scheduled to address a meeting of office-bearers of local party units, meet local self government members and attend an extended meeting of the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley