Rahul Gandhi to visit Narendra Modi`s bastion Gujarat
Mumbai: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will pay a two-day visit to Gujarat starting Thursday, a party statement said.
He will visit Mahatma Gandhi`s historic Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad on Thursday and later hold a meeting of office-bearers of district and block Congress committees, the statement said.
This will be followed by a meeting of the national executive of the National Students Union of India, the Congress` student`s wing, and elected membes of local self government institutions.
The following day, Gandhi will travel to Rajkot, the former assembly constituency of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate, it said.
There he is scheduled to address a meeting of office-bearers of local party units, meet local self government members and attend an extended meeting of the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation