Rahul Gandhi`s first interface with corporate honchos on April 03
New Delhi: More than a month after being promoted as party vice president, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will have his first interaction with business leaders on Thursday where he may spell out his vision for economic growth of the country.
CII`s Annual General Meeting (AGM), starting on April 3, will provide Gandhi the platform for his maiden interaction with India Inc.
The 42-year-old Congress leader is slated to speak at a 45 minutes session on the second-day of the meet which will also be attended by top business leaders and industrialists like Bharti Airtel head Sunil Bharti Mittal, Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Wipro Chairman Azim Premji.
Industry chamber CII`s annual general meetings over the years have seen many political bigwigs cutting across party lines make an appearance to enunciate their vision for economic growth. Congress president and Rahul`s mother Sonia Gandhi had made at least two showings at the annual conference in the past.
This year`s AGM will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday.
The CII conclave will discuss key issues like food security and industrialisation.
This will be Rahul`s first-ever interface with the corporate world and comes more than a month after he was made the Congress vice president, the formal second-in-command of the party.
Soon after being appointed as the party vice president, Gandhi had spoken about "a young and impatient India" which is demanding a greater say in the future, governance, decision making, administration and politics.
He had underlined the need for complete transformation of the system to get rid of malaise like corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor