Rahul Gandhi`s phone stolen at IGI; found later
New Delhi: The mobile phone of Congress
General Secretary Rahul Gandhi was stolen from his checked-in
baggage at the Delhi Airport last week, after he arrived here
The handset was, however, found a couple of days later
from a baggage handler working at the IGI, airport sources
Rahul noticed that his handset was missing from his bag
after he returned home from the airport and informed the
officials of the Special Protection Group, which guards him.
The SPG then contacted the CISF, which in turn started a
quiet investigation and reviewed the close-circuit TV footage,
the sources said.
The technical surveillance carried out by the CISF helped
them detect the lost mobile phone.
The CISF personnel identified two baggage handlers as
suspects and questioned them. One of them accepted that he had
stolen the phone from the baggage and handed it over to the
security personnel, the sources said.
No case was lodged in the incident as it would have
brought the matter into limelight, they said, adding that the
instrument contained personal and official numbers and other
information related to Gandhi.
The sources, however, refused to give details about the
flight Gandhi took or the date and time he arrived here from
London citing security reasons.
They said such incidents were now occurring frequently at
the IGI Airport and steps were being taken to contain them.
"We have taken the matter seriously. We have spoken to
the airport authorities and the airlines regarding background
checks before recruiting baggage handlers," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow