Rahul Gandhi`s speech writer hasn`t done good home work: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Tuesday took jibes at Rahul Gandhi and suggested his speech writer do his homework well after the Congress general secretary accused its senior leader Sushma Swaraj of speaking against the interest of the common man during the parliamentary debate on FDI in retail.
According to reports, Gandhi hit out at Swaraj during a speech today during his Gujarat election campaign.
He alleged that during the FDI debate in Parliament she had spoken against the interest of the common man as she opposed the policy which would benefit `aam aadmi` if the executive decision is implemented.
Gandhi also reportedly said that Swaraj supported the middleman by taking this stand.
"Neither the people nor Congress workers or even the press understood what Gandhi said during his speech.
Swaraj was talking about the common man and not the middlemen.
Swaraj had said this policy will affect Dalits and small retailers," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
The party emphasised Swaraj addressed the concerns of small traders, farmers and the middle class.
"The homework of Rahul Gandhi`s script writer was not good," Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends