Rahul Gandhi`s stand reflection of differences within Congress: Rajnath Singh
Chennai: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said Rahul Gandhi`s stand that the ordinance on convicted lawmakers was a `nonsense` only underlined the `well known fact` that there were differences within the Congress and sought to know how the party leader would describe the other actions of the UPA Government.
"If this is nonsense (ordinance), what is his comment on the (other) actions of the Congress-led UPA?" Singh asked reacting to Gandhi`s denunciation of the ordinance.
Gandhi`s statement only underlined the "well known fact that there are differences within the Congress and between the Congress and other UPA parties," he told reporters here.
Singh claimed that there was no rapport between the Congress and the other UPA allies.
On Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s statement that BJP had no problem with the ordinance initially and was opposing it now, he said, "No, no. They had not consulted the BJP. It is not correct."
To a query on BJP`s stand on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s scheduled meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in the US, he said, "The Prime Minister should not meet Sharif. Unless Pakistan checks terrorism activities (against India) from its territory, he should not meet Sharif."
Commenting on the Supreme Court`s verdict on negative voting, he said, "We have not read the judgement properly. The Election Commission should take cognizance of the Supreme Court judgement and call for an all party meeting to dicuss on the issue."
Citing media reports that said that the US Government was pressurising India in the Nuclear Liability issue through the Atomic Energy Commission, he said, "India`s sovereignty and self-respect should not be compromised. There should be a Parliamentary debate before any kind of relook into the agreement with the US."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez