Rahul Gandhi`s stand reflection of differences within Congress: Rajnath Singh
Chennai: BJP President Rajnath Singh on Friday said Rahul Gandhi`s stand that the ordinance on convicted lawmakers was a `nonsense` only underlined the `well known fact` that there were differences within the Congress and sought to know how the party leader would describe the other actions of the UPA Government.
"If this is nonsense (ordinance), what is his comment on the (other) actions of the Congress-led UPA?" Singh asked reacting to Gandhi`s denunciation of the ordinance.
Gandhi`s statement only underlined the "well known fact that there are differences within the Congress and between the Congress and other UPA parties," he told reporters here.
Singh claimed that there was no rapport between the Congress and the other UPA allies.
On Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s statement that BJP had no problem with the ordinance initially and was opposing it now, he said, "No, no. They had not consulted the BJP. It is not correct."
To a query on BJP`s stand on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s scheduled meeting with his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif in the US, he said, "The Prime Minister should not meet Sharif. Unless Pakistan checks terrorism activities (against India) from its territory, he should not meet Sharif."
Commenting on the Supreme Court`s verdict on negative voting, he said, "We have not read the judgement properly. The Election Commission should take cognizance of the Supreme Court judgement and call for an all party meeting to dicuss on the issue."
Citing media reports that said that the US Government was pressurising India in the Nuclear Liability issue through the Atomic Energy Commission, he said, "India`s sovereignty and self-respect should not be compromised. There should be a Parliamentary debate before any kind of relook into the agreement with the US."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata