Rahul Gandhi`s statement about RSS childish: BJP
Dehradun: Terming as childish Rahul Gandhi`s statement holding the RSS responsible for the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, BJP on Saturday said it shows his poor knowledge of history.
"Rahul Gandhi`s statement about RSS being responsible for the assassination of Gandhi is childish. It shows his lack of knowledge of history. He should read history, the court order giving a clean chit to the RSS in the case and the statement of the then Home Minister in Parliament," BJP national secretary Trivendra Singh Rawat told reporters here today.
Asking Rahul to restrain himself while making public speeches, Rawat said he should not indulge in mud-slinging against a nationalist organisation without acquainting himself with the facts.
Claiming that there is a wave in favour of BJP countrywide, he said "prominent leaders quitting major political parties to join BJP ranks is a significant pointer to this fact."
Attributing this to 10 years of Congress "misrule" at the Centre which saw "unprecedented corruption and price-rise", the BJP leader said the whole country is disappointed with the grand old party and sees a new ray of hope in the leadership of Modi.
He said he is confident of BJP snatching all the five Lok Sabha seats from Congress in Uttarakhand in the coming general elections.
While addressing a rally in Thane district of Maharashtra on March 6, Rahul had alleged that it was "RSS people" who had killed Mahatma Gandhi.
"RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him...They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji," Rahul had said in his speech.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui