Rahul holds consultations with party leaders from Andhra, TN
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Thursday set out on the task of setting the house in order of the Congress in the south by holding consultations with party leaders from Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
This was Rahul`s first meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy after the state government got into controversies with Home Minister P Sabitha Indra Reddy named an accused by CBI in the Jagan Mohan Reddy assets case.
Sabitha is the third minister after Mopidevi Venkataramana Rao and Dharmana Prasada Rao to face charges in the assets case.
After the meeting, PCC chief Botcha Satyaranayana told reporters that the issue of local bodies election was discussed in the meeting.
Satyararayana is also a minister in the state government and according to sources he has earlier been told that he will have to forgo one of the posts. A decision on the next PCC chief of the state is likely soon.
It was also the first formal interaction of the Congress Vice President with the PCC and CLP leader of Tamil Nadu after UPA ally DMK withdrew support from the government leading to a buzz of early polls in the country with the UPA`s numbers depleting.
In the meetings, Gandhi emphasised the need to strengthen the party at the grass roots, an issue that had also come up during his meetings with leaders fron Delhi and Bihar yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender