Rahul holds discussions with leaders of poll-bound states
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday held deliberations with senior leaders including Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit as the party has chalked out plans for rallies and visits of top leaders for five election-bound states.
The closed-door meeting that took place at Rahul`s residence was attended among others by Mizoram Chief Minister Pu Lalthanwala and AICC general secretaries Shakeel Ahmed, Gurudas Kamath, BK Hariprasad, Luizinho Falerio and Mohan Prakash, who are looking after Delhi, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram and Madhya Pradesh respectively.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Rajasthan on September 21 and 22 respectively to inaugurate metro and oil refinery projects in the state. Rahul will address a rally in Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh on September 26.
Sources said that during the meeting, Rahul reviewed the poll preparations of the party and took a report of the ground realities in all the five states.
Leaders, however, remained tightlipped as to what transpired in the meeting.
Rahul has already addressed two rallies in Rajasthan, where he gave a clear indication that Congress will focus on food security and poverty alleviation themes with emphasis on empowering the common man during its campaign for assembly poll in the states.
During earlier meetings of leaders of poll-bound states, Rahul had given great emphasis on maintaining unity among all party leaders as factionalism remains a bane of Congress in most of these states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'