Rahul holds discussions with leaders of poll-bound states
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday held deliberations with senior leaders including Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit as the party has chalked out plans for rallies and visits of top leaders for five election-bound states.
The closed-door meeting that took place at Rahul`s residence was attended among others by Mizoram Chief Minister Pu Lalthanwala and AICC general secretaries Shakeel Ahmed, Gurudas Kamath, BK Hariprasad, Luizinho Falerio and Mohan Prakash, who are looking after Delhi, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Mizoram and Madhya Pradesh respectively.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi will visit Rajasthan on September 21 and 22 respectively to inaugurate metro and oil refinery projects in the state. Rahul will address a rally in Jagdalpur in Chhattisgarh on September 26.
Sources said that during the meeting, Rahul reviewed the poll preparations of the party and took a report of the ground realities in all the five states.
Leaders, however, remained tightlipped as to what transpired in the meeting.
Rahul has already addressed two rallies in Rajasthan, where he gave a clear indication that Congress will focus on food security and poverty alleviation themes with emphasis on empowering the common man during its campaign for assembly poll in the states.
During earlier meetings of leaders of poll-bound states, Rahul had given great emphasis on maintaining unity among all party leaders as factionalism remains a bane of Congress in most of these states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley