Rahul, Left on same page on ordinance on convicted lawmakers
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi and the Left are on the same page on the issue of government`s decision to promulgate a controversial ordinance on convicted sitting MPs and state legislators.
This became clear when CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said, "We have been opposing the ordinance from day one. Now we have one more supporter."
Yechury`s statement came hours after Gandhi denounced as "complete nonsense" the controversial ordinance to negate the Supreme Court verdict on convicted lawmakers, saying "what our government has done is wrong".
Both CPI and CPI(M) have castigated the government for "repeatedly using the ordinance route which is undemocratic" and sought a discussion on the issue in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway