Rahul, Left on same page on ordinance on convicted lawmakers
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi and the Left are on the same page on the issue of government`s decision to promulgate a controversial ordinance on convicted sitting MPs and state legislators.
This became clear when CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury said, "We have been opposing the ordinance from day one. Now we have one more supporter."
Yechury`s statement came hours after Gandhi denounced as "complete nonsense" the controversial ordinance to negate the Supreme Court verdict on convicted lawmakers, saying "what our government has done is wrong".
Both CPI and CPI(M) have castigated the government for "repeatedly using the ordinance route which is undemocratic" and sought a discussion on the issue in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS