Rahul may unfurl Tricolour at Cong hq on 15 Aug
New Delhi: With Congress President Sonia
Gandhi under medical treatment abroad, Rahul Gandhi could
unfurl the national flag at the party headquarters here on
If Rahul unfurls the tri-colour on the Independence Day
at the AICC headquarters, it will be the first time for the
41-year-old party general secretary.
Generally, Sonia Gandhi hoists the national flag at 24
Sources said Rahul Gandhi, who is one of the four members
of the committee set up by the Party president to oversee
party work in her absence, is likely to come back here by this
Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery on August 4, has
already been moved out ICU where her condition was said to be
The sources said it could take two more weeks for the
return of the Party President who is also accompanied there by
her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
Only if Rahul Gandhi fails to arrive by August 15 due to
any exigency, then some senior party leader like Motilal Vora
could hoist the national flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in