Rahul may unfurl Tricolour at Cong hq on 15 Aug
New Delhi: With Congress President Sonia
Gandhi under medical treatment abroad, Rahul Gandhi could
unfurl the national flag at the party headquarters here on
If Rahul unfurls the tri-colour on the Independence Day
at the AICC headquarters, it will be the first time for the
41-year-old party general secretary.
Generally, Sonia Gandhi hoists the national flag at 24
Sources said Rahul Gandhi, who is one of the four members
of the committee set up by the Party president to oversee
party work in her absence, is likely to come back here by this
Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery on August 4, has
already been moved out ICU where her condition was said to be
The sources said it could take two more weeks for the
return of the Party President who is also accompanied there by
her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
Only if Rahul Gandhi fails to arrive by August 15 due to
any exigency, then some senior party leader like Motilal Vora
could hoist the national flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies
- BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016: Bihar Board Intermediate Class 12 XII Arts Results, BSEB 12th Inter Results 2016, Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be declared on May 25
- Spectrum cost very high in India, says Sistema