Rahul may unfurl Tricolour at Cong hq on 15 Aug
New Delhi: With Congress President Sonia
Gandhi under medical treatment abroad, Rahul Gandhi could
unfurl the national flag at the party headquarters here on
If Rahul unfurls the tri-colour on the Independence Day
at the AICC headquarters, it will be the first time for the
41-year-old party general secretary.
Generally, Sonia Gandhi hoists the national flag at 24
Sources said Rahul Gandhi, who is one of the four members
of the committee set up by the Party president to oversee
party work in her absence, is likely to come back here by this
Sonia Gandhi, who underwent a surgery on August 4, has
already been moved out ICU where her condition was said to be
The sources said it could take two more weeks for the
return of the Party President who is also accompanied there by
her daughter Priyanka Gandhi Vadra.
Only if Rahul Gandhi fails to arrive by August 15 due to
any exigency, then some senior party leader like Motilal Vora
could hoist the national flag.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad
- Doctors say bill is 'black day' for surrogacy, will spawn corruption