Rahul meets train accident victims
Kanpur: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday visited a hospital to meet the victims of Kalka Mail train accident, officials said.
Gandhi arrived at the Chakeri airport and headed to the Hailet hospital, where 64 passengers injured in the derailment are being treated. The rest of the victims are being treated in Allahabad and Fatehpur.
"Gandhi was in the hospital for nearly an hour. He met the injured one by one and enquired about the medical treatment," Mahesh Dixit, the Congress district president, told reporters here, some 80 km from Lucknow.
The media was not allowed to approach Gandhi.
Gandhi might visit Fatehpur district, where the Kalka Mail derailed Sunday noon killing 69 passengers and leaving over 200 injured.
Gandhi will arrive in Lucknow later in the day to attend a meeting of the party`s Uttar Pradesh election committee, Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog