Rahul meets train accident victims
Kanpur: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday visited a hospital to meet the victims of Kalka Mail train accident, officials said.
Gandhi arrived at the Chakeri airport and headed to the Hailet hospital, where 64 passengers injured in the derailment are being treated. The rest of the victims are being treated in Allahabad and Fatehpur.
"Gandhi was in the hospital for nearly an hour. He met the injured one by one and enquired about the medical treatment," Mahesh Dixit, the Congress district president, told reporters here, some 80 km from Lucknow.
The media was not allowed to approach Gandhi.
Gandhi might visit Fatehpur district, where the Kalka Mail derailed Sunday noon killing 69 passengers and leaving over 200 injured.
Gandhi will arrive in Lucknow later in the day to attend a meeting of the party`s Uttar Pradesh election committee, Congress spokesperson Akhilesh Pratap Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu