Rahul, Modi not fit for PM`s post: Anna Hazare
Farrukhabad: Social activist Anna Hazare on Friday said that both Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi are "unacceptable" as prime minister as both are "not fit" to acquire the dignified post.
"Both Modi and Rahul Gandhi are unacceptable to me for prime ministership as both are not fit to take over the dignified and respected post," Hazare said responding to a question by reporters on different forces depicting the two as the prime minister`s candidate.
Hazare, who was here to participate in his `Jantantra Yatra`, said that in the past ten years of his being the chief minister of Gujarat, Modi created hurdles in setting up Lokayukta which only goes on to stress his views that appointment of anti-graft ombudsman was not required to bring an end to corruption.
Hazare said that Rahul Gandhi was also not the right candidate for the post of prime minister.
Saying that corruption and wrongdoings are the result of party politics in the country, Hazare said that his Jankranti Morcha was trying to bring six crore dedicated workers together and with their help launch the second innings of struggle for the Jan Lokpal at Delhi`s Jantar Mantar in December.
To a question on norms for poverty, Hazare said that those sitting in air-conditioned offices cannot rightly evaluate poverty. "Rs 33 cannot provide meal to one mouth," he added.
After Amartya Sen`s controversial remarks that he would not like to see Narendra Modi as India`s Prime Minister, another noted economist Jagdish Bhagwati had told a news channel in an interview that he has no particular affection for either Modi or Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing