Rahul no match to Modi`s popularity: Shatrughan Sinha
Patna: Senior BJP leader Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday said Rahul Gandhi was no match to the popularity of Narendra Modi and mocked at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for saying Modi will be "disastrous" for the country.
"Rahul Gandhi is like a `band mutthi` (closed fist) and is no match to Narendra Modi whose popularity is at the peak at this moment," Sinha, Patna Saheb MP, told PTI.
"Modi, who has scored hat-trick in a crucial state like Gujarat, has a proven track record of good governance and his popularity is at the peak at this moment which Rahul Gandhi or anybody else cannot match," the actor-turned-politician said.
He termed the Prime Minister`s assertions that Rahul Gandhi has "outstanding credentials" for the top job as his "night dreaming" which could not be translated into reality.
"Lets pray the night dreaming of the PM does not become a horror for the nation," he said.
On Singh`s views that Modi as PM will be "disastrous" for the country, Sinha said it does not sound convincing from a person who has brought "disgrace" for the country occupying the top post for 10 years.
A Gujarat court recently gave clean chit to Modi in the 2002 riots case and "today he is an accepted and respected leader of the country," he added.
Sinha, who was here for a party review meeting over preparation for the coming general elections in his Patna Saheb seat, praised the Aam Admi Party (AAP) and wished his own party learnt some points from the debutante party, which has caught people`s imagination for its honesty and transparency, in a true "sportsman spirit"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off