Rahul not a ‘parrot’: Congress
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi is "not a parrot", a
Congress spokesperson said on Thursday, rebutting suggestions that
he was silent on the Anna Hazare issue.
"He (Rahul), too, is entitled to Freedom of Expression.
He will speak when he will feel like it. He is not a parrot,"
Renuka Chowdhury said at the AICC briefing when asked why the
party General Secretary was silent on the recent developments
Responding to questions on whether the party finds
itself in a difficult situation on the Hazare episode in the
absence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who is recuperating
after surgery in a US hospital, she said " there is no doubt
we miss her terribly."
"We wish she has a speedy recovery and comes back soon.
Till then we are trying to do our best," she added.
To another question on why the government appeared to
lack a strategy on the Hazare issue even though Sonia had
constituted a four-member group to look after party affairs.
"The four-member team is for the party. Should we
handle even the government," was the reply of Chowdhury, a
former Union Minister.
When repeatedly asked about the `shifting stand` by
the government on the issue, Chowdhury shot back asking "you
tell us what should we do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore