Rahul not a ‘parrot’: Congress
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi is "not a parrot", a
Congress spokesperson said on Thursday, rebutting suggestions that
he was silent on the Anna Hazare issue.
"He (Rahul), too, is entitled to Freedom of Expression.
He will speak when he will feel like it. He is not a parrot,"
Renuka Chowdhury said at the AICC briefing when asked why the
party General Secretary was silent on the recent developments
Responding to questions on whether the party finds
itself in a difficult situation on the Hazare episode in the
absence of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, who is recuperating
after surgery in a US hospital, she said " there is no doubt
we miss her terribly."
"We wish she has a speedy recovery and comes back soon.
Till then we are trying to do our best," she added.
To another question on why the government appeared to
lack a strategy on the Hazare issue even though Sonia had
constituted a four-member group to look after party affairs.
"The four-member team is for the party. Should we
handle even the government," was the reply of Chowdhury, a
former Union Minister.
When repeatedly asked about the `shifting stand` by
the government on the issue, Chowdhury shot back asking "you
tell us what should we do".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh