Rahul should do his homework before campaigning in Bihar: BJP
Indore: Lashing out at Congress general
secretary Rahul Gandhi for his comments on lack of development
in Bihar under Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s rule, the BJP
today said he should do his homework before campaigning in the
"Rahul has the right to do campaigning for his party in
Bihar, but he should do his homework. It appears that his
political advisors were not giving him the right advice," BJP
chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
He sought to know why Rahul did not comment on
development in the state when RJD chief Lalu Prasad and
thereafter his wife Rabri Devi ruled the state for 15 years.
"If development has at all taken place in Bihar, then why
are people migrating to Mumbai, Haryana, Punjab and Delhi for
livelihood," Rahul said in Saharsa yesterday.
"Wherever I visit - be it Mumbai, Punjab or Haryana - I
am informed about the plight of people from Bihar who have
migrated to those states for jobs," he had said.
Refusing to accept that youths were leaning towards
Rahul, Prasad said, "When the Congress general secretary was
making statement against Nitish Kumar government in Bihar, the
Congress` students` wing NSUI was wiped out in the Delhi
University Student`s Union elections, right under his nose."
Asked whether Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will
campaign for BJP in Bihar, he said a decision on the issue
would be taken when the party`s electioneering kicks off.
The question is not of a concern to the party, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation