Rahul should take main responsibility: Jogi
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi should now come out of the Youth Congress and NSUI mode and play a larger role in the party, a senior Congress leader said on Monday.
"It is time you to come out of Youth Congress and NSUI syndrome and take main responsibility in the party," former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Ajit Jogi said at the meeting of the Congress Working Committee, party sources said.
The response of Gandhi was not known as neither did he nor any other party General Secretary spoke at the meeting. None of the other leaders spoke on Jogi`s suggestion, party sources said.
At the press conference called to brief media on the deliberations, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee insisted that the Congress is the only major party which has consistently brought new leadership.
He was replying to a question on whether the CWC saw suggestions to give major responsibility to Rahul Gandhi in the government.
"Various members had various suggestions. Obviously young Congress leaders will have to come. Older chaps cannot continue for all the time. Congress has tradition of providing young leaders, new leaders whenever the situation demands," he said adding that this is visible in the changes in the leadership of the party from 1960 to 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming