Rahul spoke from heart, to have resonance across country: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said Rahul Gandhi`s emotionally-charged speeches in Churu and Alwar showed he spoke from the heart, which will have its resonance across the country.
Maintaining that Gandhi`s speech is clear in itself and needs no further comments, party spokesperson Meem Afzal said "Gandhi has spoken from the heart. The voice of heart reaches many hearts and far off. It will have its resonance throughout the country."
Afzal rejected the criticism of Gandhi raking up the Mujaffarnagar riots issue saying all that the Congress vice president said is that no one should try to divide people.
BJP leader Ravishanker Prasad attacked Rahul Gandhi for making an emotional pitch to garner votes and claimed he had been compelled to do so as he had nothing to drive home about UPA government`s performance.
"It is very unfortunate that Rahul has spoken about the assassination of his grandmother and illness of his mother during electioneering and made an emotional appeal to the people to vote for Congress," Prasad told reporters in Patna.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has accused Congress Gandhi of promoting dynastic politics, saying he was talking about his family`s sacrifices for "selfish political interests".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’