Rahul spoke from heart, to have resonance across country: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday said Rahul Gandhi`s emotionally-charged speeches in Churu and Alwar showed he spoke from the heart, which will have its resonance across the country.
Maintaining that Gandhi`s speech is clear in itself and needs no further comments, party spokesperson Meem Afzal said "Gandhi has spoken from the heart. The voice of heart reaches many hearts and far off. It will have its resonance throughout the country."
Afzal rejected the criticism of Gandhi raking up the Mujaffarnagar riots issue saying all that the Congress vice president said is that no one should try to divide people.
BJP leader Ravishanker Prasad attacked Rahul Gandhi for making an emotional pitch to garner votes and claimed he had been compelled to do so as he had nothing to drive home about UPA government`s performance.
"It is very unfortunate that Rahul has spoken about the assassination of his grandmother and illness of his mother during electioneering and made an emotional appeal to the people to vote for Congress," Prasad told reporters in Patna.
Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari has accused Congress Gandhi of promoting dynastic politics, saying he was talking about his family`s sacrifices for "selfish political interests".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL