Rahul to inaugurate exhibition on `Three Chancellors`
Santiniketan: AICC General Secretary Rahul
Gandhi will inaugurate an exhibition, `Three Chancellors`,
covering the tenure of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi and
Rajiv Gandhi as chancellors of Visva-Bharati, here tomorrow.
The exhibition, organised by the Visva-Bharati, will
mainly contain photographs and correspondences of the three
generations of prime ministers who visited Santiniketan on
different occasions in their capacities as chancellors of the
Meanwhile, SFI`s state secretary Kaustav Chatterjee
protested the move and said CPI(M)`s student wing submitted a
deputation to the Vice-Chancellor Rajat Ray seeking to know
how the university allowed Gandhi to inaugurate the exhibition
since he is neither a minister nor a member of the
Visva-Bharati council and in no way connected to the varsity.
Gandhi will land here by a helicopter in the morning, and
visit `Udayan` complex to pay floral tributes at the rooms
used by Rabindranath Tagore. Thereafter, he will sit for an
interactive session with the students at Uttarayan complex,
"Nearly 1,100 students have been drawn from all the 50
departments to attend the session which will continue for 45
minutes," they said.
All the venues have been sanitised and security personnel
have been deployed during Rahul`s two and a half hour visit.
Later, he will have interaction with potential
youth Congress leaders and elected representatives of zila
parishad, gram panchayats and municipalities at Bolpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM